Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sick finally

Maybe it IS the cold weather. I finally got sick, coughing with mucus (Mucus, a nice word that sounds almost delicious). I thought I was going to hang on for a day or two, but I gave up and went to pharmacy to get some OTC medicine. I am completely functional otherwise, but coughing makes my throat ache and feels bad. I should go to bed early today.

But perfect, since I lost interest in doing other things, I finally sit down yesterday and today and revised the paper I am writing with my adviser. Two hours ago, it was done on my part and I am kicking the paper to his corner. I think that my new tables are going to address most of the R&R comments, but I am not sure how my adviser thinks yet. You know, being a freelance academic writer is more fun than being a professor, and I wouldn't mind writing papers under no pressure of going for tenure.

I also lost some money in stock market today. It is paper loss though, and I hope it is going to recover. I have also built a DCF model on a stock I am interested in investing (My first real DCF model!). My model indicates that, after today's drop, it is a good time to buy. No cash in hand yet, but I will wait and see.

Two hours later.....

Just sent out the email to my adviser, feeling like a victory lap. Also, just took a shower, and felt much better. The throat was less clogged now, thank to Robitussin. Still a little light-headed. I was rather drowsy down, probably a side effect of Robitussin. I am going to put on the second half of Chinese version of Infernal Affairs (I finished the first half in China three weeks ago). I think this DVD requires no brain to watch, so perfect.

No comments: