Thursday, February 01, 2007

Dissertation chapter

So far I pretty much secured all signatures of my dissertation committee, so I am going to graduate this quarter. My adviser especially gave it a kind remarks, making me feel like a genius. So here is my final chapter, 8 pages, double-spaced.

http://www.songhuaweb.com/chapter%206.doc

I finished watching the movie "Amedeus" in two nights. My second time watching it. I relate to this movie in several levels. First of all, I almost played Mozart back in college in my freshman year. Back then, I was brave enough to try everything, auditioning for that main part. Unfortunately, my talent did not live up to the part. Nonetheless, I am proud until today because I was even CONSIDERED for that part.

I like to think of myself as Mozart, not as talented as him, but with the attitude of being a genius. I hate to compromise to the mediocrity, so I never do. But at the same time, I can also identify myself as Salieri, because I get jealous very easily.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading the conclusion of your dissertation and would like to read the entire thesis. Could you please send it to me at the following email address: pengyuhe@gmail.com. Thank you very much!